iCloud is a cloud-based storage and synchronization service provided by Apple. It allows users to store and access various types of digital content, including photos, videos, documents, music, and app data, across all their Apple devices, such as iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple Watch. iCloud storage space refers to the amount of storage available to the user for storing their digital content on the iCloud service.
Table of Contents
iCloud storage space of storage
The amount of iCloud storage space available depends on the user’s iCloud storage plan. Apple offers several storage plans, ranging from 5 GB to 2 TB, with different pricing options. The 5 GB plan is free for all iCloud users, while the other plans require a monthly or annual subscription fee. Users can choose the plan that best fits their storage needs and budget and can upgrade or downgrade their plan at any time.
iCloud storage space is shared among all the devices associated with the user’s Apple ID, and it is automatically synchronized across all devices. This means that if a user takes a photo on their iPhone, it will be automatically stored in iCloud and accessible on their other devices, such as their iPad or Mac.
In summary, iCloud storage space is the amount of storage available for storing and accessing digital content on the iCloud service, and users can choose the storage plan that best suits their needs and budget.
How to Remove Clearing storage space in Apple device
Clearing the entire storage folder is the easiest and fastest way to remove everything other than apps that might be slowing down your device. By using this method, you will also avoid deleting messages that come with attachments.
Other methods involve deleting an entire conversation, including attachments. Having multiple options to make space in the storage folder is always a good thing. This is what you need to do to get rid of all attachments from your device.
- press the Settings application
- To select General then iPhone Storage
- To select Review large attachments under the Recommendations section. You may need to press Show All to
- Review large attachments to display
- Tap Edit and select the attachments you want to remove and tap the trash can icon in the top right corner.
- Managing attachments looks pretty easy on paper. This may even be true considering how easy it is to sort and delete photos and videos. But if so, why are so many users complaining?
It’s simple, actually. When you sort your list of attachments to mark them for deletion, you can’t preview a larger rendering.
Delete multiple iMessage attachments
If you don’t want to delete all of your storage space, you can choose to only delete attachments received in iMessage.
- Open the Message request
- Touch a chat with attachments that you want to delete
- Tap the person’s profile picture at the top of the screen, then tap Info when it appears
- Tap See all photos at the bottom of the screen
- Tap To select and select the attachments from this chat you want to delete, then hit the Delete button at the
- bottom right of the screen
- Tap Delete Posts to confirm your action
Set up automatic message deletion
If you know you’re going to run out of storage space, you can always set iMessage to automatically delete incoming messages after a certain amount of time. Doing this will delete the conversation and all attachments received.
- Open Settings application
- tap posts
- Locate Message History and select Save Messages
- Tap the period that suits you best
- To select Delete
Remove apps from iCloud for more free space
Apple gives you only 5 GB of free storage space , which is often insufficient for your needs, which leads users to look for alternatives to delete apps from iCloud, which they consider unnecessary, in order to get enough storage space for their content. .
Use iPhone or iPad to Remove unwanted apps
- First, enter the Settings section, the gear figure on the initial screen of the iPhone or iPad.
- Then, at the top of ‘Settings’, click on your name.
- Then press iCloud, located in the second list of alternatives, you will notice that a page with the iCloud alternatives will be displayed , as well as a pop-up window with the request to log in.
- Use the buttons to disable iCloud by the app. To prevent an app from syncing information with iCloud, you must swipe to the app and disable the gray ‘Off’ button.
- Click on Manage storage located at the top of the page, above the list of applications and below ‘iCloud’.
- Once this is done, it will take you to the list of apps that use iCloud storage space with your information.
- Click on the application to see the documents and information stored in it, then click on delete data.
- Please note that some apps will show different alternatives, such as: Disable and delete or Data and documents.
- The alternatives shown depend on the app. Then you will notice the confirmation notice.
- Tap the ‘Back’ icon to return to the iCloud storage page.
- In the red annex, located at the bottom of the screen, click Delete to verify the process.
- Once this is done, the complete information with the documents that the chosen app has stored in the iCloud account will be deleted.
- You must do it as many times as necessary with the other applications.
- With the mechanism already described, the documents inserted in the backups of the iPhone or iPad will not be deleted.
Also Read: What is Computer/PC
Use mac to Remove unwanted apps
- First, click on the Apple menu, located in the top left corner of the screen.
- Then, you must click on the System Preferences section in the menu.
- Click on the account for access to Apple services, located at the top of the Preferences window.
- Enter your Apple ID security key if required.
- Coordinate apps that can sync with iCloud.
- You’ll notice a list of apps that have iCloud Mac compatibility in the right bar.
- To prevent an app from syncing with iCloud, you must remove the check mark from the window that corresponds to the app you chose.
- Click on iCloud in the left section.
- It may be that it requires you to log in or verify the account , in order to continue.
- Then click on Manage. This will take you to a list of apps and backups that are using iCloud space.
- Choose an app from the list. All the information stored in the right section will be revealed.
- Choose, objects in the data list. To select multiple objects, hold down the Ctrl key as you click on each alternative.
- Click Delete below the listing. This icon is located in the lower left corner of the bar that displays documents.
- After doing this, the information you selected from iCloud will be deleted . You must repeat this procedure for each app you choose.
Remove unwanted apps From PC
- First, you need to download and install the iCloud for Windows 10 version .
- If you’re on an older version of Windows, download the latest iCloud app.
- Next, launch the iCloud app and then click ‘Storage’ located on the right of the iCloud storage panel.
- In the box that appears, click on the alternative you want to delete from the bar on the left to continue with the instructions on the main panel.
- Most applications have alternatives to ‘Delete documents and data’, and other apps offer different instructions.
Other Methods to free up iCloud storage space
- The first is to reduce the size of iCloud backup and free up space by disabling backup for apps you are no longer using or also when you delete old iCloud backups.
- Delete photos in iCloud Photos . Deleting photos that are no longer needed from the Photos app on any device will give you space in iCloud.
- Deleting folders or documents from iCloud Drive will give you space.
- By deleting text messages and attachments in Messages, it helps you free up more storage space by deleting unnecessary content.
- Delete voice memos. You should know that voice recordings are kept in iCloud and you can delete them if you need more space.
How to use safe mode on Mac
Hopefully restarting your Mac in safe mode will fix all the issues you encountered. From there, you can try to uninstall recently installed apps and extensions, check for malware, make sure your macOS is up to date, and more. You can then reboot as usual to see if the problem goes away.
However, if you log in to Safe Mode and the same issue still occurs in Safe Mode, it indicates a more serious and difficult to fix issue. In such cases, you should backup all your critical data and do a hard factory reset. By wiping your system disk and reinstalling macOS, you should be able to remove whatever is causing your Mac to malfunction.
What is Safe Mode on Mac?
Like many computers, Macs have a safe mode. When you start your Mac in safe mode, it loads macOS, which contains only the files and apps you need to run. That is, it won’t run any login items, extensions, or apps that you don’t need or haven’t installed yourself.
Safe mode also performs basic system disk checks, similar to Disk Utility’s First Aid function. It also removes some of your Mac’s system cache, which can cause problems. But do not worry. macOS rebuilds these caches when necessary.
When using safe mode
Booting your Mac in safe mode can help in many situations. If you’re having problems with your Mac, you can use safe mode to determine the cause.
Common reasons to use safe mode on Mac:
- Internet connection not working when booting normally
- Mac is frozen or running slowly
- Normally you can’t start macOS
- macOS crashes or restarts
- Troubleshoot a Loud Mac Fan Noise
- You can remove files and applications from your Mac
- If the problem goes away when you boot into safe mode, you know the addition is the cause.
- It could be a new app or plugin, or it could be part of the new hardware it’s been attached to.
- In safe mode, you may be able to access the data and fix the problem.
How to start in safe mode on Mac
It doesn’t matter if you start your MacBook Pro in safe mode or on your iMac. The process is the same. The important thing is whether you’re using an Intel Mac or a Mac running Apple Silicon.
Here’s how to open safe mode on your Mac
- shut down your mac
- press and hold power button until boot options are displayed
- Select a system disk
- press and hold shift Press the key and click Continue in safe mode
- Sign in to your mac
How to start Intel Mac in safe mode:
- Turn on or restart your Mac
- Press and hold as soon as change starts
- release change When the login window appears
- Sign in to your mac