WiFi calling is a perfect tool to keep in touch with friends and family if you don’t have a landline. Imagine this for a moment. You are finally arriving at the airport. Your flight has been delayed and now you need to call your host to pick you up.
What is a Wi-Fi calling
A WiFi call is like a regular call but the medium used is the internet instead of a phone line. When you use WiFi calling you will not use your provider’s network connection. Instead you are going to make voice calls through the WiFi network. You can use the WiFi connection of your hotel, home, office or even pay for a mobile WiFi. So, the first thing you need to enjoy this service is internet access.
You don’t have an international phone line but you have internet access because there is free WiFi at the airport. This way you can use various apps on your smartphone like Whatsapp, Facebook and Skype and call your host.
How to make WiFi calls from an Android phone?
If your phone is an Android, you need to download applications compatible with its system. Although there are applications that you can configure on your phone regardless of its operating system. Facebook , Whatsapp and Skype are some of them. Therefore it is super easy to use, just open the respective application. Then click on the call (or video call) symbol and you’re ready to talk. Some companies like Google even have their own calling app like Google Talk
How to make a WiFi call from an iPhone?
One important thing to keep in mind: To make WiFi calling from an iOS operating system, you need an iPhone 5c or later . Turn on WiFi calling function in Settings –> Phone –> WiFi calling. Some smartphones require you to enter or confirm your address for emergency services.
Once WiFi calling is available, you will see the word WiFi after your carrier’s name in the status bar, then your calls will go into this feature. You can also use WiFi on other Apple devices like iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac . Check its official site to check if your Apple device supports WiFi calling.
Wi-Fi calling not working on iPhone
It’s great to be able to call other people over Wi-Fi when mobile coverage is limited. So, it is definitely a disappointment when you find Wi-Fi calling not working on your iPhone. Fortunately, just like you can fix Wi-Fi connectivity issues, you can also fix this problem on your iPhone
Reasons to Wi-Fi calling not working
- There are a few different reasons why Wi-Fi Calling might not work on your iPhone.
- From a poor quality internet connection to software glitches resulting from outdated versions of iOS, a variety of things are known to cause problems with Wi-Fi calling.
- The only way to be sure is to systematically fix the cause of the error.
- Fortunately for you, we have put together this list of solutions to fix the problem.
How to Fix Wi-Fi Calling Not Working on iPhone
Check if your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi and iCloud storage space in Apple iPhone . Make sure Wi-Fi calling is turned on Reset network settings Reset your iPhone Erase all content and settings on iPhone Contact your wireless carrier
Check if your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi
- Naturally, you can’t use Wi-Fi Calling if your phone isn’t connected to the Internet.
- Go to Settings → Wi-Fi and make sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- You can also check that the connection really works by opening the browser of your choice and going to any website you want.
Make sure Wi-Fi calling is turned on
- Go to Settings and tap Cellular .
- Now, tap on Wi-Fi Calling and make sure it is turned on.
Reset network settings
- Resetting network settings can fix Wi-Fi calling not working issue on your iPhone.
- This is what you need to do: Go to Settings → General → Transfer or Reset iPhone .
- Now, tap on Reset → Reset network settings. Enter your password and touch to confirm and clear your Wi-Fi settings.
Restart your iPhone
- Sometimes simply restarting your device can fix the problem. To do it:
- If your iPhone has a Home button: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home button simultaneously until your iPhone goes blank;
- keep pressing both buttons. In a few moments, you will see the Apple logo on your iPhone screen.
- If your iPhone doesn’t have a Home button
- If you have an iPhone X or newer, press and hold the Side and Volume button , then slide to restart.
Erase all iPhone content and settings
This is quite an extreme step as it will restore your iPhone to its factory default settings. Make sure you have a backup of all your data ready before proceeding with this step.
Check out our detailed guide on how to factory reset your iPhone for more information.
Contact your wireless carrier
If none of the above steps work to fix Wi-Fi Calling on your iPhone, you should contact your wireless carrier and explain the situation to their support staff. There may be a problem with your account, and a customer service representative may be able to help you resolve it.
Also Read: Information on Wireless Mesh Network