Over the last few years, cloud telephony has become a buzzword. This cloud-based solution was rapidly adopted by businesses to eliminate the traditional enterprise systems and offer a modern setup for telecommunication purposes.
Cloud telephony is also known as cloud communication. It is a web-based solution that is offered and managed by a third party. Such cloud communication solution providers develop, integrate, and implement the technology on their servers and offer remote access to their customers via the internet with a subscription-based model. Moreover, these companies are responsible for maintenance and support services as well.
Cloud telephony gained its popularity due to its high conversion rate and creating an omnipresence to optimize operational efficiency. With the adoption of cloud telephony, organizations can let go of their complicated traditional systems and bring agility in their business operations using modern infrastructure.
Launch of novel cloud telephony services
With the rise in demand for modern communication solutions, several companies entered the cloud telephony service industry and launched their unique products. Recently, Liquid Intelligent Technologies, a business of Cassava Technologies, a pan-African technology group launched OneVoice for Cloud PBX offering. The product was launched in six major African markets and is a part of the company’s strategic investments as it helps its customers in their digital transformation journeys that are rapidly taking shape during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- OneVoice for Cloud PBX solution is developed to assist businesses in their telephony and collaboration needs irrespective of the size of the organization.
- The solution is powered by a novel single integrated platform that converts the PBX telephony system into a cloud-based IP communication service.
- With the adoption of OneVoice, companies can benefit from voice, video, and data communication services that are offered in a single solution, which enabled them to communicate to any device using any kind of medium from anywhere. Such flexibility is unprecedented.
- On the other hand, NWN Carousel, a major integrated cloud communication service provider announced a launch of the new suite of integrated collaboration services that are developed to allow companies seamless transition of on-premise unified communication, security, and connectivity capabilities to the cloud.
- The new Hybrid Work Suit is a perfect solution for those companies that are searching for a consistent, efficient, and secure collaboration experience. The solution offers an end-to-end cloud collaboration platform, simple user experience, next-gen meetings, advanced telephony, and connectivity services.
- While major cloud telephony companies have invested a lot of money in launching new and secure telephony services, some major companies are collaborating to move away from the traditional telephone networks.
- For instance, Liquid Intelligent Technologies and Colt, Europe’s major company joined the cloud-based Operator Connect services that are part of Microsoft Teams.
- This telephony service will enable the companies to make international phone calls via the Microsoft Teams service.
Microsoft has been offering Operator Connect as a cloud-based service since March 2021, which gained global popularity since the Covid-19 outbreak as companies were forced to adopt work from home culture. With the use of Microsoft Teams, businesses can benefit from the seamless integration of voice telephony into their current Teams install base.
Rapid adoption of cloud telephony in major end-user industries
While several technology companies were forerunners in adopting cloud telephony services, there are other industries that are realizing the potential of telephony services for customer management. For instance, the insurance industry is rapidly adopting cloud telephony services for uninterrupted connections with their customers. Moreover, it is a cost-effective solution and offers the facility of automating the queries including new insurance plans, new guidelines, and premiums to be paid. One can develop a virtual call center and save operational expenses while offering the privacy of customers’ private information such as their phone numbers.
- The rapid adoption of work from home culture, cloud telephony solutions offered companies a new way to keep in touch with their customers.
- For instance, if customers want to buy a new insurance plan, they can leave their contact information to the respective company on their website and they will get a call back by the company’s agents via cloud telephony services.
- This way, agents can connect with their clients from anywhere at any time, which offered tremendous flexibility during the pandemic.
- Cloud telephony services are now regarded as the future of business telephony services. Cloud telephony may have been born from cloud computing but it is now evolved and offered several advantages to companies in maintaining their customer relationship.
- The 24×7 connectivity to clients and flexibility of operating from across the globe are strong reasons for cloud telephony to become the future of telecom technology.
- With the rise in popularity and adoption of this technology, businesses prefer it due to its cost-effectivity and efficiency.
- More and more companies are opting for cloud communication as they have realized the benefit of integrating several communication channels on a single platform and third-party companies are responsible for the maintenance and functionality of the telephony service.
According to Allied Market Research, the global cloud telephony service industry will witness significant growth by 2030. The rapid shift of telecom companies from conventional to IP networks and surge in penetration of mobile phone devices among end-users will open new opportunities in the future as well. Moreover, the development of artificial intelligence (AI) and its adoption in customer management via the use of bots will further improve cloud telephony services and offer a way to build customer relationships.
Swamini Kulkarni- wamini Kulkarni holds a bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation and control engineering from Pune University and works as a content writer at Allied Market Research. She is deeply fascinated by the impact of technology on human life and loves to talk about science and mythology. When she is not glued to the computer, she loves to read, travel and daydream about her areas of interest.
Also Read: What is electronic logbook