How to make animated videos: Guide to create your videos from scratch
The consumption of content related to the video format is on the rise and within this format that of animation, videos that attract attention and offer many possibilities, that is why you may be wondering how to make animated videos.
Actually, what may seem complicated to you if you don’t have any technical training in animation is easier thanks to the advances in applications that now greatly simplify the entire process without having any prior knowledge of video editing.
How to Create Professional Animated Videos and Presentations
To make animated videos, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Choose your animation style: The first step in creating an animated video is to choose the style you want to use. There are many different animation styles, from 2D hand-drawn animations to 3D computer-generated animations.
- Write a script: Once you’ve decided on the animation style, you’ll need to write a script for your video. Your script should include a clear message or story that you want to convey to your audience.
- Storyboard your video: Once you have your script, you’ll need to create a storyboard. A storyboard is a visual representation of each scene in your video, showing the action, camera angles, and any text or dialogue.
- Record audio: After your storyboard is complete, record your audio. This could be a voiceover or music track that you want to use for your video.
- Create your animation: Now it’s time to start creating your animation. Depending on the animation style you’ve chosen, this could involve drawing by hand, creating 3D models, or using software to create your animations.
How to make animated videos
Animated videos have the incredible power to attract and retain users’ attention for longer (and of course improve your website’s bounce rate). For this reason, more and more companies, businesses and professionals are opting for this type of video to communicate a message. In this article I will show you how to make animated videos step by step and what you have to take into account.
If you have already realized the importance of making animated videos and want to start including them in your business, then it is time for you to get down to work. Keep reading!
Don’t hesitate to ask for help
Asking for help is not a bad thing, especially if you are just starting out with animation and have more questions than answers. Having the support of someone else is important to know what tools you should use and what is the first step to take.
We recommend that you seek advice from:
- A friend. If you have a friend who has knowledge in design or animation, take advantage and ask for advice! Best of all, as a friend of yours, he will support you and be happy to help you. Also, as you will surely trust him, you will be able to tell him all your doubts without fear of appearing ignorant.
- Some acquaintance. Although in this case there is not as much trust as when you contact a friend, the truth is that it can also be useful. So, search among your contacts for someone who knows about animated videos to help you. There will always be someone who knows something that you don’t, so find the right person to give you advice in this area.
- Experts in the area. Of course, this is the best option to clarify your doubts when making an animated video. An expert or professional has extensive knowledge and is highly trained to serve you. You can choose to pay for a consultation or advice, hire their services directly, you can even consult the internet or look for some training on any of the many platforms that you have at your fingertips.
Also Read: Video Production for your Business
The Best online tools to make high-quality Animated Videos
Choose and familiarize yourself with the tools you will need:
Actually, nowadays there is a wide variety of specialized programs and tools that will teach you how to make high-quality animated videos. Some of these are paid, but you can also find free options that will allow you to achieve almost professional results.
Next, we will give you a brief list of the main programs used to create animations , highlighting their advantages:
It is an online tool that stands out for its intuitive and simple interface , which makes animation an easy task to perform. Also, there are many video tutorials available on the web.
Likewise, you can opt for a free version (with some limitations, of course, such as limited time of 5 minutes per video or watermark) or pay a subscription.
It is also an online program that has a free plan and is easy to use. However, if you opt for this free plan, you will have to limit yourself to creating videos that do not exceed 30 seconds in length.
You can also use this tool on the web. The best thing is that it has a free plan and includes an explanatory tour for new users.
In this tool, you can also find a wide variety of templates and pre-designed animations that will surely be perfect with any video you have in mind.
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS
- Without a doubt, this is by far the best program that you can use to create high-quality animations that positively impact your target audience.
- The main problem is that you must know how to draw, either in Photoshop or Illustrator, to later animate.
Of course, nothing is impossible if you spend the time you need.
- However, in these cases you will always have the option of having the help of an expert professional.
- Once you have chosen which program you are going to work with, you have to start with the task of learning all the functions and actions that you can do with it.
- Dexterity is a fundamental skill for the success of any task, and animated videos are no exception to the rule.
- Learn, browse, test, test: The important thing is that you are not afraid of making mistakes and that you are able to learn from the mistakes you make with the program.
- So you can make the most of each tool and learn how to create high-quality animated videos.
Bonus: how to make a gif video
At some point you may have wondered how those great gifs you see on social networks are made, and you may have even wanted to make one yourself but you don’t know how to make a gif.
Making a gif from an online video is very easy.
- First of all, you have to go to the YouTube video that you want to convert into a gif and in the url put “gif” in front of YouTube.
- At that time, the URL will automatically redirect you to gifs.com, where you can create the gif without downloading the video or heavy applications.
Start by writing the script
The script is a fundamental piece in any animated video, and unfortunately very few people give it the attention it deserves.
Using the right words and tone in the video, the information can be transmitted more effectively and penetrate the feelings of the viewers, making them subsequently take an action (such as subscribing, buying, etc.).
When creating a script , keep the following tips in mind:
- Do not forget that it is a short video, so you need to use short and concise sentences
- Take into account the narrative style and the rhythm that the voice of each character will follow
- Start by writing a storyboard or draft with the main ideas, so you will have a clear objective during each stage of the production process.
- use storytelling
- Add a call to action (CTA or Call To Action )
Once you have followed these tips and have your script written, with each of the main ideas perfectly explained and broken down, I recommend reading the script out loud.
It can also be a good idea to record yourself, listen to how it sounds and determine if you are satisfied with the result, always keeping in mind the rhythm of the animations that will be in the video.
By doing this you will be making sure that everything is perfectly in sync.
Also Read: What is electronic logbook
Another option at this point is to hire the services of an expert professional, either to write the script as such or to record it. Of course, you also have the option to record the final result yourself and couple it with the animated video, depending on the program you are using.
If you decide to record yourself, you can use tools like Garage Band (which is only available for Mac). Similarly, some of the programs that I mentioned above allow you to record yourself or even direct you to the services of an expert. It’s up to you.
Select an appropriate background music
You will surely agree with me that a video without music does not have the same effect as one with music, and that is because music has an incredible power to touch the emotions of the viewers and transport us to other worlds.
Without a doubt, adding background music to your animated video will make it more complete and have a better effect.
Choosing the right music can be the factor that determines a positive user experience while watching the animated video you created for them. The most recommended thing is that you use instrumental or acoustic music, since the important thing is that the music gives a little life to the video without covering up the script or taking most of the attention.
beware of copyright
The main issue you may run into when adding music to your animated video is copyright issues. In this case, it is best to choose music that has a “Creative Commons” license.
Music with this type of license can be used without any problem, as long as you acknowledge the author and give him the credit he deserves. Getting music with this type of license is as simple as going to the creativecommons.org page and starting to search.
Put everything on stage
Finally, once you know how to use the tools, when you’ve written the script, picked a song, and have everything in sync in your mind, the final step is to stage everything and start creating your animated video.
Without a doubt, here you should let your imagination run wild and use striking, simple and attractive designs.
Remember that the goal is for your video to go viral and reach users through different social networks. At this point it is also important that, when you go to publish your video, you add an attractive title and a description that perfectly summarizes what the user will find, taking into account the most powerful keywords.
Animated videos are very useful for companies. If you learn how to make animated videos yourself, you will have a very valuable asset in your possession.
In short, before you jump in, consider which app you want to use and familiarize yourself with it. Most are very intuitive. Do not neglect the script and the audio.
Also Read: How to reduce lag while video live-streaming